- Book Club meets on the first Saturday of every month from 10:30 to 12PM. Books and facilitators are chosen well in advance. Please see the calendar for details. If you are interested in participating, please contact Eva-Lynn at email@example.com.
- Breathwork for Healthy Lungs & Peace of Mind meets weekly on Tuesdays at 10 AM on Zoom and is led by Dana Abraham to strengthen your immune system, fortify the body and work on the elasticity, resiliency and capacity of the lungs for improved health and peace of mind. Dana Abraham will share yogic techniques that will help you to recover your energy and bring calmness and balance to the mind during highly stressful times. For more information, contact Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cinema Night Cohort meets on the first Saturday of every month from 6:30 to 9:30 PM for a movie and a discussion. Susan Locker who takes care of picking the movie and making it available. Cost is $5-10 and includes popcorn; must be 17 years old or older. Babysitting may be available off campus. If you are interested in attending, please contact Susan Locker at email@example.com.
- Current Issues Discussion Group led by Corey M focuses on a wide range of topics once per month on the 4th Thursday of every month. All comments and opinions are welcomed and respected! The purpose of this discussion group is fun, informational, and helps to build stronger relationships between JCo members. During the Covid19 Pandemic, this group meets on Zoom. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Decoding Hebrew Cohort meets every week on Monday at 3PM on Zoom. It lasts 13 weeks and by the end, the students can read Hebrew! Led by Tirza A, this course is a must for everyone who wants to actively participate in JCo services. For more information, contact Judy at email@example.com
- Family Shabbat Join us the first Friday of each month for a Family Shabbat service. Starts with a potluck dinner for all, followed by an abbreviated service that your kids will love.. If you are interested, please email Ilene C or Debbie M at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Games (Poker and Mahjong) meets monthly on Sunday evenings. If interested in playing or learning how to play, please contact Judy at email@example.com
- Israeli Dance meets on Thursday’s from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Its truly one of the best activities JCo offers because its great fun and good for our bodies and souls. Our instructor has taught dance for years and we are so grateful that Barbara B is one of our members and a wonderful teacher. Come and join the fun! No experience necessary! All levels welcome! We have been dancing for several years and welcome more dancers. A list of videos is provided for home practice. When possible we dance outside on the deck. Please contact Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing the Bounty meets every month on the Saturday JCo’s Shabbat service is held (usually the 3rd Saturday); members bring extra produce they have from their gardens to share with the rest of the Congregation. In addition, if and as interest arises, in-person and/or remote meetings can be arranged to discuss tips about growing produce, or any other related topic of interest you desire. For more information about this Cohort or to be added to its e-mailing list, please contact Mike G at email@example.com.
- Let’s Connect Expanded Cohort meets first & third Sunday at 4:30PM on Zoom. The goal is to check in with each other and offer each other support. We visit, discuss topics we think are important and best of all – connect and spend time with our JCo Community! The cohort was started by Nancy C, MD and is now continuing with rotating members who facilitate a structured emotional exploration of topics that inspire us and that bring us fear or challenge. This group aims to allow us to get to know ourselves and each other in a safe space. Please check our virtual calendar for details. If you are interested please contact Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Modern Conversational Hebrew Cohort meets in person and on Zoom every Thursday 2:30 – 3:30PM. Tirza A leads this cohort and we welcome new students all the time. Tirza is a gifted and experienced teacher. You don’t want to miss this. For more information, contact Judy at email@example.com
- ROSH CHODESH Cohort led by Gabi & Tirza Arad. This cohort is for women only. It is beautifully co led by Rabbi Gabi and her mom Tirza. It started with a small group and grew to include many of us. Rosh Chodesh, the first of each Jewish month is a celebration of the new moon, its slender crescent barely visible in the night sky. This day is historically associated with women’s renewal and celebration. Some say that this is because the women of Israel did not offer their jewelry for the creation of the Golden Calf. As a result, they were given Rosh Chodesh as a day when they could abstain from work. To this day, some women refrain from some forms of labor on Rosh Chodesh. Others have connected the waxing and waning of the moon to a woman’s menstrual cycle. Whatever the reason, Rosh Chodesh has long been a time for Jewish women to gather for a wide variety of activities, from reciting traditional liturgy, to sharing a meal (or a glass of wine), discussing Jewish ethics, and working for social change. Please refer to the JCo virtual calendar for details and contact Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Saturday Morning Yoga Cohort with Paul K – Is now every Saturday (except the week of Saturday morning services) from 9 – 10AM on Zoom. You do not need to be a Yoga practitioner to enjoy these gentle sessions. Paul starts each one with a ten minute discourse on the current Torah portion, combined with teachings from Yoga, Sufism, Taoism and his own musings. Some people join for just the first 10 minutes. Paul has practiced and taught Yoga for decades; join and experience Yoga as a way of life and not a sweaty exercise opportunity. If interested in joining please contact Judy at email@example.com and check our online calendar.
- Shireinu (Our Songs) Cohort meets weekly, in-person, on Thursdays from 1:30-2:30pm. Sandy S and Tirza A lead Shirenu, creating a fun and lively time. Sandy is full of joy and a gifted song leader and Tirza explains what we are singing. Our goal is to sing and harmonize with Gabi during JCo services and to lead the congregation at the Torah Processional during High Holidays. The only requirement to join Shireinu is a love of singing. If you are interested in participating please contact Judy at Admin@JCoSD.com .
- Torah Discussion & Study Cohort led by Andy S meets at JCo every Monday from 12:00 – 1:00. What started as a small group of Torah enthusiasts, has grown to an active and participatory discussion of the week’s parsha focusing on the original text, our understanding and scholarly commentaries.. . If you are interested in participating please contact Judy at Admin@JCoSD.com